Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mooncakes and the childhood memories

 Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!

While our Muslim friends are celebrating their 'CNY' and enjoying their yummy delicacies, Lirong trapped herself in the kitchen.. playing with flour (what else eh?). 

After 2 good hours.. 

Taken with instagram

Vanilla Red Bean Snow Skin Mooncake

Taken with instagram

Glad the words came out! :D

I used only 200g of flour to make these 15 pieces of mooncake. I was like die! Still got 800g of flour unused! :X What if the family doesn't like the mooncakes! :< Especially daddy and mummy cox I always think snowskin mooncakes are for the youngsters! :P 

Turned out my daddy and mummy love the mooncake a lot! :D YAY! They said it reminded them of a snack that they used to have when they were kids! AWWWWWW~ 

You know I felt so so so touched when I heard that! I never knew my little mooncake can bring back childhood memories of my parents! And so they started talking about the childhoods while my heart was melting at the same time :')

Now I totally know how to get rid of those 800g of flour! I'm gonna make that childhood snacks for my parents! I think I know what it is from their descriptions! Alright hopefully I wont disappoint them! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment